Image Map

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

November Adventure Singapore and Returning Home. China town Gardens by the Bay and Orchid Gardens.

Hello again, as always welcome back to another fun filled post.
After being home for nearly a week I am finally getting around to completing my November Adventure series. It has been a long process and a big journey but in my opinion totally worthwhile. So in the last part of our journey we returned to Singapore, with only a couple of days to spare we got to see the gardens by the bay light show and we also got to wonder around the beautiful Orchid Gardens. Gardens are obviously the reoccurring theme of this post and since you probably know how much I love flowers, I was glad for this. 
So again I am just going share a bunch of my favorite photos and not do a day to day recount. I hope you enjoy seeing the beauty that Singapore has to offer. 

"Travel far enough, you meet yourself" - Cloud Atlas







 The first stop was China town, here we wandered the streets and ended up going to the most beautiful temple (Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum) that showed the journey of Buddha and how the teachings came to be. This was one of my favorite places I visited and I would highly recommend going, if you happen to find yourself in Singapore.








The next stop was at the gardens by the bay, now I had been here before on my previous trip to Singapore, but because it was some awesome then and it's an easy, relaxing night time thing to do we went again. The gardens have a lovely view and a light show which, I'm not going to lie, kinda looks like some sort of attempt to communicate with aliens, but is pretty fun to watch anyway. 









Next morning we made our way to the Orchid Gardens. Now it's no secret I love flowers. So I took about a trillion photos. So I had to make some serious decisions about which ones I liked the most. So here they are.









Soon after it was time to go home. With all our bags already packed, it was goodbye to Singapore as we went back to the airport to catch our flight back to Australia. I was excited to come home, but after a week of being back I miss being away a little. I had a dinner of donuts, mostly due to the lack of vegetarian food. But also because donuts are great. 





This was an amazing journey, I am so glad that I got to share it with my family and with you guys. I am so lucky to have gained a whole bunch of new readers since embarking on this journey.



This adventure has helped me to see a lot of beauty, obviously in the culture within other countries, but especially within my life here in Australia. I feel really blessed to have had this opportunity to travel and become a little bit more aware of the beautiful world that we live on. 
For anyone travelling can be difficult, being in unfamiliar places, having to speak to strangers, not being able to go back to your own bed after a hard day. But for someone with anxiety, embarking on this trip seemed like an impossibility. Achieving this, taking that month to be part of something that terrified me and coming back a stronger person, is without a doubt one of the biggest achievements of my life. 
I owe a lot of this to my family, without them I would never have been able to do something as great as this. So if you guys are reading this (which a lot of you do) I hope you know how much I appreciate how far all of us have come. 

"Actually, the best gift you could have given her is a lifetime of adventures...." Lewis Carroll

Now it is safe to say that I have a wanderlust now and I will be travelling as much as possible. Hopefully my next adventures send me somewhere equally as special. 

Thank you guys so much for reading this and making my writing that much more worthwhile. I will hopefully see you all again soon. 
Thank you for sharing this journey with me, love you guys all.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment